So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.Genesis 1:21 NKJV
Hello friends, and welcome to today’s Scripture thought.
God (‘ĕlōhîm) created great sea creatures and every living thing that moved. The waters abounded!
The word “abounded” is translated from the Hebrew word šāraṣ, which can mean teem, swarm, or multiply.
“According to their kind” is translated from the Hebrew word mîn, which can mean kind or sometimes a species (usually an animal).
Everything that God made was good. The word “good” is translated from the Hebrew word mîn, and can mean:
good, pleasant, agreeable
- pleasant, agreeable (to the senses)
- pleasant (to the higher nature)
- good, excellent (of its kind)
- good, rich, valuable in estimation
- good, appropriate, becoming
- better (comparative)
- glad, happy, prosperous (of man’s sensuous nature)
- good understanding (of man’s intellectual nature)
- good, kind, benign
- good, right (ethical)
(from the Strong’s Concordance)