“I will declare the decree:Psalm 2:7 NKJV
The Lord has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.”
Hello friends, and welcome to today’s Scripture thought.
The phrase “the decree” is transliterated from the Hebrew word ḥōq, which can mean:
- statute, ordinance, limit, something prescribed, due
- prescribed task
- prescribed portion
- action prescribed (for oneself), resolve
- prescribed due
- prescribed limit, boundary
- enactment, decree, ordinance
- specific decree
- law in general
- enactments, statutes
- civil enactments prescribed by God
(from the Strong’s Concordance)
The word “Lord” is transliterated from the Hebrew word Yᵊhōvâ from the Hebrew letters YHWH.
The phrase “begotten you” is transliterated from the Hebrew word yālaḏ, and can mean beget , bare, born, bring forth, bear, travail, midwife, child, delivered, borne, birth, labour, or brought up.